Thursday, October 16, 2014

I love Barn Quilt Blocks


Here is a picture of another pattern that I am writing up.   I have two more that are of the same type.  I love large quilt blocks on the sides and fronts of barns. These wall hangings are one block or motif in a large format, 36" X 36" and are reminiscent of those large quilt blocks on barns.


This pattern is a traditional Bear Paw block, easily recognizable. It was fun and quick to do.  I like the impact of the colors and how graphic it is on the wall. I need to get a better picture, this is on my design wall. I will try to get one outdoors when the rain stops.  

I used a perle cotton for the big stitch quilting and machine quilting as well.  I really like the effect.  What do you thing, would you be interested in something like this?  I have two more, different blocks of course, to show you.  I seem to be taken by these at the moment.

Until next time, keep stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so please take a minute to comment: