Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May Block Swap Done

OK, here is what I wanted to show you today.  I finished up the monthly blocks for the Simply Solids swap that I am doing and thought I would post a picture here.  This is going to be a stunning quilt when Ginny gets is all done. She chose a design called Gemstone which you can see the tutorial here 

http://www.stitchedincolor.com/2012/07/tutorial-gemstone-blocks.html

Here is a picture of the pattern complete in greens and purples, love this:


(Images courtesy of Cathy @ Blueberry Patch)
The block is really a two for one type thing and the tutorial is there at the link above.  It is really easy to do and the quilt above is really eye catching.


What do you think??  I love it.

Anyway, here are the pictures of the two blocks that will to be my contribution.



 She is using several different colors but the ones she sent me were blues and browns.  Nice.

Well, that's it for now.  More soon and hopefully some pictures from Market and quilt shops in the surrounding area.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so please take a minute to comment: